16/11/2018

Sound of Music for Helmar

Hey Everyone

My turn on the Helmar blog this time and I created a tribute to The Sound of Music but more so my favourite song from the movie 
Edelweiss 
I don't know why I love this song so much maybe because it bring the family back together I'm not sure
I also have little tributes to My Favourite Things and Do-Re-Me on there as well
I couldn't leave them off as they are some of the popular songs from the movie and when you hear them it makes you think of the movie



On the little flowers I used white flocking powder because the Edelweiss flowers look like they are fluffy so I use the Craft & Hobby PVA Glue to adhere the flock to the flowers



On the little stamens I used Colour Blast Colour Mica Powder in Olive dipping them in the Tacky Craft Glue first then dipped them in the Mica Powder 


Once they were dry I used the 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to glue them to the flowers


After the glues were dry on the flowers and stamens I then took them outside and sprayed them with the Crystal Kote Fixative Spray because of the Mica powder and the flocking powder I wanted to make sure they didn't come off


I used Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Dust Candy to colour the white flowers I had
I also used the 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to the flowers to make it look like rain drops on roses 


Like always I used the Acid Free Glue on my photos


I found some of the word from the song off the internet so I printed it off on photo paper


I had a metal hat I couldn't find a straw colour like Maria's hat so I used Vintage Silk Finnabair Wax


In the background you can see sheet music which is the music from the song Edelweiss  
I used the Memory Maze Madala Doily Stencil with some 3D Matte Gel 
Then for some colour I used Mustard Seed Distress Oxide ink 


Here's a close up of the Raindrops On Roses unfortunately you can see the bubbles from the glue but I still like that it looks like they are wet


Here you can see some of My Favourite Things - Bright Copper Kettle (I used Rich Copper Cinnabar Wax), Brown Paper Package, Raindrops on Roses
On the frame I randomly used Icy Snow Paste and Finnabair's Art Stones which were stuck down with Tacky Craft Glue everything else was stuck down with 450 Quick Dry Adhesive


And here - Do a Deer a Female Deer , So a Needle Pulling Thread, La a Note to Follow So
On the edge of the frame I used Rose Gold Finnabair Wax


On this Memory Maze Criss Cross Mini Heart I used Fire Ruby Finnabair Wax it has such a beautiful shimmer to it 
On the little bow I used Colour Blast Colour Artist Ink Calypso 


Helmar products I used -




Thank you for visiting and I hope you come back soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment