04/06/2018

Dreams for Helmar

Hey Everyone

I had this photo of my son which I stole of his Instagram I think it was - teenagers are hard to get photos of and this was taken at a party lucky for me someone had tagged him and I saw it LOL 

I had the perfect size canvas for this photo and thought it would make a great project for my Helmar Blog post 
Make sure you visit the Blog and see all the great projects that the other Design Team Members have come up with



 I used the Helmar Super-Tac Glue to stick book paper down onto the canvas tearing it into random shapes and scrunching it as I lay it down


 I put a layer of the Helmar Craft & Hobby PVA Glue over the top of the paper to make sure it is all stuck down then put a thin layer of clear gesso over that so that the Magical's would take to the surface
I used Bachelor Button Blue, Tweedle Dee Denim, Mad Hatter Mint Green and Shabby Turbine Teal over the background sprinkling the colours then spraying the water and drying in between until I was happy with the colour of the canvas 


After using the Magical's I like to use a coat of Helmar Crystal Kote Fixative to make sure when I'm sticking anything down to make sure the Magical's don't smudge or run with the wet glue


I used the Helmar Super-Tac Glue to stick the cardstock die cut to the canvas


I used the Acid Free Glue to adhere the photo to the cardboard 


I used the Helmar Craft Glue to adhere the cardboard to the canvas 


I used Memory Maze Square Mesh Grunge Chipboard for some added texture and covered it with the  Art Alchemy Metallique Wax in Brushed Iron


I love metal so I added some metal washers and some old metal pieces that I had in my stash 
On the Hexagon die cut cardstock I added some Art Alchemy Metallique Wax in Brushed Iron so it matched my metal embellishments




Helmar Products I used - 


Thanks for visiting I hope you come back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment